This is the site for PanLex developers. Is that you? Yes, if you develop PanLex content, PanLex technology, or PanLex-powered applications.
What we do
This is the work of discovering, documenting, and editing billions of translations among the words of the languages of the world.
- Source acquisition: finding sources, registering them, and storing them in the PanLex source archive
- Source consultation: using sources to add content to the PanLex database
- Content curation: editing content in the PanLex database
This is the work of improving and documenting the design and infrastructure of the PanLex database and of its human and program interfaces.
- Database development: improving the PanLex database
- Interface development: improving the PanLex database’s human and program interfaces
- Infrastructure development: improving the servers that host the PanLex database and its interfaces
Applications can query the PanLex database through the PanLex API. PanLex also makes monthly dumps of data available for use by applications.
- Developing with the PanLex API: creating applications that query the PanLex database
- Developing with PanLex dumps: creating applications that query data exported from the PanLex database
PanLex team members, interns, volunteers, partners, and unaffiliated developers all do PanLex development. This site aims to provide the documentation they need. If you are a PanLex developer, please comment so we can make the site work better for you.
Becoming a PanLex developer
Not yet a PanLex developer, but want to become one? This site has information for you. We invite you to study the documentation here. Please let us know what changes would make this site more effective.
Other PanLex sites
The main PanLex website provides information about the PanLex project for everybody, not only PanLex developers. It includes links to PanLex-based applications available for public use.